Registration will open summer 2023
If you are new to star parties and are attending your first event please take some time to learn a little about star party etiquette by visiting the Web sites below. These are guidelines; all that we ask is that you make an honest effort to comply so that everyone may get the most enjoyment from this event.
Star Party Etiquette: http://arnett.us.com/psc/etiquette.html
SPACE.com’s Star-Party Survival Guide: Guide PDF
- Attendance is by pre-registration only. No registrations are accepted at the event.
- The star party is a rain or shine event, so it will not be rescheduled and no refunds are offered.
- The star party entry fee is $40 per adult (18 and older). Children under 18 are free, when accompanied by a paying adult. We ask that any children attending be listed on registration forms.
- The entry fee covers camping (tents, campers, RVs, etc.) on the astronomy field for Friday and Saturday night of the star party and access to all event programming. You may arrive before and/or stay after the star party, but will need to pay the nightly park fee. If you do arrive before Friday at noon, please check-in at the registration tent.
- NO PETS ALLOWED This restriction is a PA State Park regulation. In the past attendees have attempted to bring pets in
secretly and even in plain sight. Anyone arriving with dogs or pets of any kind will be asked to leave by Park Rangers.
- NO GREEN LASER POINTERS (GLPs). GLPs pose a serious danger to eyesight, as well as astrophotography. Please refrain from
using these devices while at the Star Party. Anyone caught using a GLP will be asked to leave.
- NO CAR HEADLIGHTS AFTER DARK. The gate to the Overnight Astronomy Observation Field (OAOF) will be closed at dusk. If you are not staying the night on the astronomy field, DO NOT PARK inside the OAOF gate!
No vehicle entry or exit will be allowed until sunrise, unless there is an emergency. If you must start your car and leave with headlights on due to an emergency, please attempt to contact the star party staff before hand. If this is not possible, please LOUDLY announce your emergency to others in the area so they can help to clear a path for a safe exit. Do not drive without headlights – this is extremely dangerous and could cause serious injury and another emergency! Anyone not camping the entire night on the observing field should not be parked there. You must park your car across the street.
- Bag your garbage We will provide you with a plastic garbage bag for your garbage. Trash can removal will no longer be an option, so you will have to take care of your own garbage.
- Additional prize tickets are $2/each or $20/dozen
- Please note, registration for star party vendors is handled through the vendor coordinator, not this page. Previous vendors will be contacted directly. If you are interested in being a vendor, speaker, or want to recommend a vendor or speaker, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org